eLearning Developer Role
Have you ever taken online courses that were fun and interesting? Have you ever played games online as part of your learning? These were all likely created by eLearning Developers.
An eLearning Developer is technically savvy and focused on making your content attractive, interactive, and enjoyable in an online course.
What does an eLearning Developer do?
According to elearningindustry.com, after the Instructional Designer carefully crafts a learning course’s content, the developer steps in. They use the information provided to develop courses using eLearning authoring software. They work closely with graphic designers and programmers if they need to add visual elements to a course.
What skills do eLearning Developers need?
eLearning Developers are creative, technically savvy, and understand adult learning. Some skills eLearning Developers need to have include:
- Highly proficient with eLearning authoring tools.
- Highly proficient with various graphic and animation tools.
- Proficient visual design skills.
- Skilled with working on a larger team using templates and shared files.
- Programming complex interactions such as branching scenarios.
- Receiving and acting on feedback.
- Work independently and manage their own timelines to meet deadlines.
- Understand basic adult learning.
When you need an eLearning course for your employees, partners, or customers, an eLearning Developer can build your company the best digital learning solution to meet your expectations.
What software does an eLearning Developer need to use?
- Articulate Storyline
- Articulate RISE
- Adobe Captivate
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
- iSpring Suite
How do I find an eLearning Development consultant?
Are you looking to staff an eLearning Developer? Let our practitioner Relationship Managers find the best consultant for your upcoming project. Do you have a large eLearning project? We have an eLearning team ready to take over your project and make your life simpler.
Are you an eLearning Developer? View our list of available contract positions.